It’s easy to compare the Bose soundbar 700 and the Bose soundbar 900. These products are made to help you get better sound in your home.
However, the soundbar 700 offers more features, while the soundbar 900 offers better sound. So if you’re looking for a great way to add some sophistication to your home, the soundbar 700 may be perfect.
This post will discuss the differences between the Bose soundbar 700 and the Bose soundbar 900.
Bose soundbar 700
The Bose soundbar 700 offers excellent sound quality for your home. It has a wireless speaker system that has three subwoofers. The speakers were made to improve the sound quality in your home. This is a great way to give your home a touch of class.
Check Sound Quality
You don’t have to plug the speakers into a power source. Instead, when you turn on your home entertainment system, it turns on itself. This will ensure they are ready to play the next song as soon as the music starts.
It has seven speaker zones that can produce both surround and front sound. The speakers are designed to reproduce stereo music. There are three music modes: Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, and Audio Zones. Five HDMI inputs connect devices such as a TV or Blu-ray player. The speakers are designed flat, which won’t block the view of other devices.
Bose soundbar 900
The Bose Soundbar 900 will give you complete control over the home entertainment system. The wireless subwoofer allows you to move it around the room without cables. It is perfect for small rooms.
Check Sound Quality
Two speakers and a subwoofer provide exceptional bass performance. The bass sound is super solid and robust. The subwoofer generates low bass tones. Every detail of the bass instruments is audible.
The built-in HDTV tuner lets you watch TV shows on the bose soundbar 900. In addition, you can watch sports, news, and movies on your big screen. It has seven HDMI inputs, so you can connect your devices like TVs, tablets, and phones. There is also a Bluetooth feature, which lets you connect to compatible devices.
Comparison between bose soundbar 700 vs 900:
|Parameter of Comparison||Bose Soundbar 700||Bose Soundbar 900|
|Dimension (LxWxH) and Weight||The overall dimension is 38.5 x 2.25 x 4.25 Inches. Its weight is 10.5 lbs.||The overall dimension is 45.5 x 7.25 x 7 Inches. Its weight is 17.8 lbs.|
|Microphones and voice assistance||This speaker has seven microphones, including one for Alexa, two for voice assistants, and four for other devices.||This speaker has nine microphones built at the top; now, google assistance is available.|
|Connectivity and Input||It connects using Bluetooth version 4.2 with a range of up to 33 ft (10m). It is a portable speaker that also charges via USB.||The Bluetooth speaker with version 4.2 with up to 30 ft (9m). This speaker uses a built-in subwoofer and also has AUX.|
|Other features||The 1 x HDMI eARC with CEC, the 1 x optical TOSLINK, the 1 x IR, the 1 x micro USB Type B (service), the 1 x RJ||The video has been encoded with Dolby Atmos sound that is dynamically mixed into the content. Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby TrueHD are all supported by Dolby Atmos.|
Difference between Bose soundbar 700 vs 900:
The Bose sound bar is a great audio system that can improve the quality of your TV.
There are differences between the 700 and 900 models, and here’s what you need to know to make the right decision.
- The bose soundbar 700 is less expensive than the bose soundbar 900.
- The 700 is about three inches longer than the 900.
- The difference between bose soundbar 700 and 900 is the connectivity of the speakers. Bose soundbar 700 speakers have six buttons, which are unavailable in the bose soundbar 900.
- The Bose soundbar 700 has seven microphones, and the Bose soundbar 900 has nine microphones.
- The bose soundbar 700 has two tweeters, and the bose soundbar 900 has four tweeters.
- The 700 has a frequency range of 20-20,000 Hz, and the 900 has a frequency range of 16-20,000 Hz.
- The bose soundbar 700 has a rectangular shape, while the bose soundbar 900 has a cylindrical shape.
- The bose soundbar 700 can add up to five additional devices to play on its screen, while the bose soundbar 900 can add up to 10 additional devices to play on its screen.
- The Bose Smart Soundbar 700 is decent for mixed usage, while the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is suitable for mixed usage.
Bose Soundbar 700 remote:
The Bose Soundbar 700 remote is a wireless speaker and home audio system with a built-in universal remote. The remote can control your TV, DVD player, cable box, DVR, Blu-ray player, stereo, and A/V receiver.
The remote has a large, easy-to-use touchpad that lets you navigate the system. The remote has a built-in battery and a life of up to 10 hours; it can be recharged via the USB port on the back of the device.
It can operate your home theatre or stereo system. For instance, you can use the remote to turn on your television or stereo system. The remote is easy to use and can control almost anything with a volume button. It is a wireless keyboard that can control your computer, smartphone, and tablet.
How to use it:
- Connect the remote to the device that you want to control.
- Press the “TV” button to turn on your TV.
- Press the “Play/Pause” button to change the channel.
- Press the “Mute” button to mute your sound.
- Press the “Volume” button to increase or decrease the volume.
Setting up the bose Soundbar:
Before you begin:
- Install the free Bose Music app on your Apple or Android mobile device.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your mobile device.
- Connect an Ethernet cable from the Soundbar’s Ethernet port to a router or access point if you use a wired Internet connection.
Set up your Boss Soundbar:
The steps you need to perform to set up your Bose soundbar are given below:
- Connect the soundbar’s power cord to an AC (mains) outlet.
- Launch the Bose Music app on your smartphone.
- Sign into your account or sign up for a new one.
- Permissions for Location Service, Local Access Network, and Bluetooth should be granted when prompted.
- These are necessary for the app to detect and control your product. The app cannot locate your product if you do not permit them.
- Choose Speakers and Soundbars
- Swipe left or right on the Add Product screen to locate your product, then tap Add. If the Add Product screen does not appear, tap the My Bose icon in the upper-left corner, then tap the + to add a product.
- Tap Connect after selecting your wireless network and entering its password.
- Manually tapping hidden networks is advised. Enter Wi-Fi, then the network information.
- Select a name or enter a custom name for the soundbar, then tap Next.
- Select Yes on the Sharing screen to allow other Bose Music accounts on your network to use this product. Or, choose No Thank you for keeping this item exclusive to your account.
- Connect an HDMI cable from the soundbar’s HDMI ARC jack to the TV’s HDMI ARC or eARC jack, then tap Next.
- Advice: HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel) enables the TV to transmit audio to the soundbar. If the television lacks an HDMI port labelled ARC or eARC.
- Tap Connect if you are using the bass module or surround speakers; otherwise, tap Do It Later.
- Choose the voice assistant you wish to employ (Alexa or the Google Assistant). Tap Skip in the upper-right corner if you don’t want to use an assistant or want to add one later.
In conclusion, the Bose soundbar 700 and the Bose soundbar 900 differ in quality. Therefore, it is essential to determine which option is optimal for you. I recommend doing both, as the quality of each soundbar is excellent, but their prices differ.
In terms of its features, the Bose soundbar 900 comes with Bluetooth capabilities. You can use this feature to pair it with other devices. In addition, the volume control can be used to adjust the audio and video volumes separately. For more options, read more soundbar reviews.
Is Bose Soundbar 900 worth it?
Overall, the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 is an excellent soundbar. This soundbar is fully equipped with support for Atmos, multiroom capabilities, and many other features. However, the sound quality is inferior to that of the Sonos Arc, which costs $899. It has several advantages over the Arch. One of them is having a long-lasting battery life.
Is Bose Soundbar 700 worth it?
The Bose Soundbar 700 is still worth investment with its excellent sound quality, class-leading design, and many valuable features, including your preferred voice assistant. It does lack bass, but you can also get a separate subwoofer, which should improve bass performance.
How does the Bose Smart Soundbar 900 connect to the TV?
Connecting the Soundbar easily is via its included HDMI cable to your TV. If your TV has an HDMI-eARC connection, you should use it to receive the benefits of Dolby Atmos content. If your television doesn’t have an HDMI connection, then you should connect the Soundbar to the television using the optical cable, which is also provided with the Soundbar.
Can I make or take calls from the Bose Smart Soundbar 900?
Yes. Using Alexa only, you can directly call any Bose device, Alexa-enabled device, or contact listed in your contacts list. To make an Alexa call, say, “Alexa, call Mom. Use your voice to answer or reject an incoming call or make a call. You don’t need your phone to make or take a call. It’s free of charge. This does not apply to your calls but to your Amazon app, so make sure you use the proper app to make calls.
What placement guidelines should be considered to ensure the optimal audio performance of the Bose Surround Speakers 700?
We recommend placing the speakers in the front or behind the main listening area — one on the left and one on the right of the room — for optimum sound quality.